Ray LaMontagne

No I don't think we're booking him soon, but I'm not shy if I had the opportunity to ask him, I would. Tonight I had a wonderful time talking to a beautiful soul about the concert series. While I was playing her a potential friend, Hope Waits, who might play here in the future, she alertly said, "That's a Ray LaMontagne song"... God that's what I love about music. It trascends age, sex, or cultural stereotypes. Haven't you sometimes wondered why a child loves folk music or rebels against the Eagles... it's deep seated inside our emotions and brains. So when we can connect as a culture to lyrics and chords thru a cover or just thru the pure emotion, isn't that what life is about. Put your little life in the hands of a house concert, and you may never be the same.

Cone and see...

I went to find Ray based on that little comment and WOW... I'm sure our Rose River cover band will pick up one of his songs.

Comments

Popular Posts